View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer
CPA# 39
United States, MN, Brooklyn Center
Joined May 2009
827 Posts
Quote:
I'll close with a question. The guys that want to fly the smaller airplanes, what prevented you from entering a contest this past season? Any airplane is allowed in basic and any decent .60 size sport pattern/scale aerobatic airplane is capable of doing that sequence well. point is you don't need to have 35%-40% airplane to be competitive with the current format.
With all sincerity, and every IMAC pilot I have spoken to tells me this... Yes you can fly a smaller plane. You will also be wasting everyone else's time because you will never score well, there is no interest in your equipment, your airplane will never present itself like the larger 150cc + planes do.

If you want to be competitive, you have to spend anywhere from $4-$8000 on an airplane.

I don't have it. I can't do it. I wouldn't want to with my income anyhow.

Mini-IMAC makes competing more realistic to the world I live in. The glow vs gas argument is a non issue in terms of cost. Glow becomes far more affordable.

This is why I am wrapped up in classic pattern for the time being. It is actually attainable, and most importantly, FUN!

With that said... Do not construe that to mean I am against IMAC as it is. It is cool and if you can do it that is great! I would never want to stop it. If I could do it, I would!

Brian
EscapeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer