Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2009
5,834 Posts
New Product
FMS 1400mm V7 P-51D Mustang & P-51B "Razor Back" Mustang

Well folks I just recieved my new FMS V7 P-51 Mustang "Big Beautiful Doll". I thought I would start a new thread for the new 1400mm V7's so as not to clogg up and confuse discussion with the larger brother (the 1700mm versions).

I will be posting unboxing photos later this weekend and some build pictures as well. From the initial pre-inspection ....these are nearly exactly like the larger 1700mm version in thier assembly, wing sparing and the way they have made the wings removable, they're not like the origional V1 thru V6 versions at all. in fact they have more detail and include a more extensive decal detailing sheet from what I have here with my BBD version. I will also be ordering the "Duches Arlene" Red Tails version as well.

The flaps are cut more realistic and not along the aileron lines. It has the same landing gear features the the larger version has and the wheels are swept forward to add stability to ground tracking and prevention of nose overs. It aslo has the same working Gear doors the the larger 1700mm version has.

A nice addition is the new opening canopy...more on that later

So far I am very!!! Impressed with their new version and look forward to getting this beauty to the field. This new version will make all the other prior versions V1 thu V6 obsolete and puts them to shame.

I will be exploring the option to modify and add working pylons for bomb drops and the addidion of a TBS sound system as well.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Mar 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM.