View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by michaelingp
United States, MD, Kensington
Joined Dec 2008
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
The amazing thing is how hard it is to make contact. We have flown about 6 flights against each other in the last few weeks, and maybe just barely touched twice.
Blu
I am no where near an expert at combat, but here's my take on it.
I think what most people miss is that combat is largely a cooperative sport, not competitive. If everybody is up there flying full speed with PopWing and Assassin-sized planes and trying to be evasive, it is very difficult to hit another plane. It's mostly just frustrating and tedious. If you really love midairs, the best way I've found is to fly a predictable path (the dreaded racetrack). Planes are most vulnerable at the turns at the ends of the path. If you don't fly a set path, then it helps if the pilots announce what they are going to do. I know that doesn't sound like a competitive game, but my friend and I, both rank amateurs, generally get one good mid-air for every hour of trying and that's what we fly for. The holy grail, the head-on midair, takes a lot of planning, a lot of cooperation, and a lot of luck. We only have one so far.
michaelingp is offline Find More Posts by michaelingp