View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by Guizzo 17
Joined Sep 2007
564 Posts
I thank you all mates!. I forgot to say that I didn't use the decals I had previously prepared (see post # 12). I printed them with wrong colors which also resulted too bright and glossy; I preferred to print the "RADIAN" name on tissue and apply it to the wing with clear dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidrue1 View Post
Lots of expo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Sounds like a good idea to me - smallish movements and lots of exponential is definitely the way to go with a little hot rod like this.
Humm! I don't use expo on my models. My experience (sigh! ) tells me that nasty thinks may happen when you use it during a maiden flight!

The smallest warp or the slightest wrong incidence setup that requires to trim the model after the take-off or hand launch, forces to fly with the stick off-center and have a coarse movement to one side and a too soft movement on the opposite one!

I normally maiden my model hand launching or taking-off with full control surface movements and maintaining one finger on the dual rates switch I previously set at 60% travel.
In this manner I have full control of the model, but I may reduce stick sensitivity in case I need it.
Anyway I will postpone the maiden until I have available a paved runway; this means nor early than October 7 when I will attend a meeting in Ghisalba, quite close to Milan, Italy.

A bit off-topic: I attended an O/T meeting last Sunday, here are some pictures.
Guizzo 17 is offline Find More Posts by Guizzo 17