View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,853 Posts
Had a thought today (I know I know)

A buddy of mine is a giant scale gas warbird kind of flyer and always hassling me to get into giant scale.

I've looked at them and I love them (big warbirds) but I'm not going gas, I'm not a good enough pilot for expensive models, and I can't afford that kind of cost.

So while looking at some beautiful huge ARFs from places like Tower and Maxford, I had a thought about doing a WW1 biplane like the Tiger Moth in foam board. My first thought was to do it in pink foam board or something like that and get in touch with my inner Otto Dieffenbach and bang something out. A ww1 biplane classes as a warbird, as a biplane it's legal as a giant at 60" rather than 80".

Then I remembered some people had done some really neat things with laminating MPF together recently, and I thought I'd chime in and see if people had any thoughts about the overall idea?

I'm constantly going "oo I want to build that" and then not following through, this will likely be no different, but I wanted to at least put the idea up.

If it ever becomes something real I'll make a thread and a build log and go hauling all over the internet looking for plans to adapt and plagiarize.

Whatcha think? Am I nuts? Think a 60" Tiger Moth from MPF that ran on 4-6s packs is viable?

I pity da Foo'
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool