View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by Torch8
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
It is the same as the "New" v450d01. Being it has the same mechanics on the rotors and the "new" rx. It just has a plastic frame, which is MORE likely to break in a crash. IMO. I've crashed the old frame so many times, very hard too (mostly grass and sand) and the main frame is still in one piece. The 3mm CF frame is actually very strong. The tiered design, using aluminum pillars to connect the upper and lower CF frames makes it a very strong structure to fold or break. Basically the structure is very rigid and cannot bend or fold easily. Unlike what i suspect you will see in the D03 frame, being that it is plastic. However, the D03 frame in composition alone is more elastic and flexible than CF. Which might add to it's durability in a sense. But i suspect it to be a very brittle plastic, like so many of Walkera other models. It's not like they are using ultra light ABS plastic or anything, i'm sure. It's probably a non copolymer plastic.

Oh yeah, it also weighs more than the CF frame does, apparently.
Thanks for the custom build posting, also you help me in rebuilding my tail. I actually like my CF v450d01 more.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8