Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Anyone seen upcoming V450D03? Looks like same ESC and servos, tail assembly from V450d01 except for frame, canopy and new 6-axis FBL system.

Is is using same rotorhead as v450d01?

Thinking of transferring my v450d01 electronics over to v450d03 if it'll be easier to maintain and more durable or crash resistance.

It is the same as the "New" v450d01. Being it has the same mechanics on the rotors and the "new" rx. It just has a plastic frame, which is MORE likely to break in a crash. IMO. I've crashed the old frame so many times, very hard too (mostly grass and sand) and the main frame is still in one piece. The 3mm CF frame is actually very strong. The tiered design, using aluminum pillars to connect the upper and lower CF frames makes it a very strong structure to fold or break. Basically the structure is very rigid and cannot bend or fold easily. Unlike what i suspect you will see in the D03 frame, being that it is plastic. However, the D03 frame in composition alone is more elastic and flexible than CF. Which might add to it's durability in a sense. But i suspect it to be a very brittle plastic, like so many of Walkera other models. It's not like they are using ultra light ABS plastic or anything, i'm sure. It's probably a non copolymer plastic.

Oh yeah, it also weighs more than the CF frame does, apparently.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk