Originally Posted by A10pilot
Thougth I would post some photos of my newly completed Falcon 120. This plane replaces my old "stock" Falcon 120 which I lost to a midair in May 2012.
I decided to strip the covering off and I glassed the wings, tail and booms with 1/2oz cloth applied with System 3 Clear coat epoxy. I used PPG epoxy primer and all of the colors on the plane are PPG base coat/clear coat. Plane has my old Dynamax/Scoprion 4035-630 KV motor with CC 160 amps esc. Plane flies on 12s 6000 mah packs. AUW is 15 lbs 4 oz. Fan system puts out 5 kw at 117 amps. Efflux is 203 mph. Tail pipe is 12" long and exhaust diamater is 3.75". Just for fun, I added some wing fences for effect.
Hope you like it.
HI Ed..............Interesting, I'm doing the same right now. I just glassed the wings today. The PPG paint cost more than the Falcon did. I decided to strip mine, because I mounted my new electric retracts, and installed gear doors. I'm actually doing 2 Falcons at the same time. One is EDF, the other is turbine. I'll post some pic's when I get closer to being finished, and a video of the retracts in operation.