View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by chris jones
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
595 Posts
Well, apart from adjusting the thrust angle and maidening it, my fw190 is done.

Got to say I really enjoyed the build and there are times when you look at it and think, "that's genius!"

A couple of comments for future builders to be aware of and maybe for Jon to have a think about.

Do not be tempted to go it alone and build in a different order to to instructions, you'll end up cursing yourself when you realise that there's a reason for the order.

Jons tip on using tweezers for the stickers is a top one. The stickers are very sticky and using your fingers will invariably take the sticky ness off them.

Foam safe CA and kicker worked for me, no need to overdo it, the stickers hold everything together very well.

Remember to convert your AR6400 to brushless setting. There's no mention of this in the manual and much head scratching eventually resulted in a "Doh!" moment!

Lastly for Jon, there was one place in the instructions where a sticker number was missing, and my kit didn't have the motor mount screws. Niether of these were big problems and for a new product the whole package is remarkably complete and well finished.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and very pleased with the end product. I'll let you know how the maiden goes, hopefully tonight at our indoor session.

Chris
chris jones is online now Find More Posts by chris jones