Thread: Help! newport12m
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by liljimmy
20M northeast of Hell Mi
United States, MI, Howell
Joined Jul 2012
406 Posts
When you change any thing in sail cad make small changes or it might lock up (save save and resave )
Then print to pdf file save, from that pdf then print again to pdf with resize to aprox 395% then print out the longest panel on paper, then place paper end to end (overlap) recheck overall measurement from the x y mark. need to do the longest do to you may not see the 1 or 2% adjustment needed on the head of the sail(smallest)adjust up or down prepare for a lot blank sheets just refeed them into the printer or give to the kids ( to draw sail art) when you have the right size print cut and tape ,lay out on rip stop nylon make marks use a x x 3ft long piece of wood to do the arks and cut with sodder iron (use the kit building websites for the how tos ) glue panels together , bribe the wife to sow them and DONE
The jip was cut out of an old pice of faded rip stop to play with it was blue it looked good so it staid
(I wanted to get into the water )
I got the plans printed out to make the jib; yes it will be blue and have stars when complete (I think it will look good)
liljimmy is online now Find More Posts by liljimmy
Last edited by liljimmy; Sep 22, 2012 at 05:00 PM.