Find More Posts by deadbird
Crashing with style
UK. Dorset
Joined Jun 2009
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Jon, a thought about assembly.

Having now seen what needs to be glued, it is really a laminating task.

Thought I might use the very thin double sided tape that the scrap bookers use. It's cheap and extremely light. Effectively it is just a thin layer of adhesive. I have used it successfully to put Easystar/Bixlers together and it is quite strong.

Would be simpler and neater than UHU Por for this application I suspect. I love Por but it is hard to get it completely thin and even over a large flat surface.

Also you might think about a bit more info in the kit about adhesives. Even a small additional paper slip. The only reference is to "glue" and " foam safe". For many people that would mean CA, polyurethane expanding or even hot glue! UHU Por is not common in some parts of the world - especially minor third world countries like the US and Australia.

Keep the videos coming. Great start.

John
Cheers John,

I should have another vid coming soon. I hear you about the glue. UHU por just seems to be a little more versatile than others. You can use it for sticking depron parts together, securing the control horns onto rudder & elevator and even to add more stickiness to stickers if they've lost their tack.

But the idea was for people to use whatever they have to hand as long as it's foam safe. As long as it sticks the parts together without melting anything, then its good!

I normally just do a 'snail trail' round the edges and a few thin splodges inside. If UHU por is left to dry it will go to almost nothing but grab as soon as it comes into contact with another layer, especially if that layer has also got a thin, 'dry' layer of UHU on too.

I add extra gule to the areas that need extra stick like in the nose area and such.
deadbird is online now Find More Posts by deadbird