Thread: Discussion Parkzone's New Habu 2 EDF
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
960 Posts
Hey guys, I got a replacement Habu coming in soon and I wanted to give it that shot in the arm that it needs. I have some parts here that I wanted to use in it when it arrives and I thought I would get some opinions first. (maybe Gary has thoughts on this)

I have 6s 3000mAh 45C lipos that I wish to use with a ZTW 110A esc with an external CC 10A bec on a 1900kv Velocity motor. I would like to use the stock Delta fan but I don't know if I should use the stock motor or my Velocity?

The 6s lipo weighs 414 grams vs the 3s 3500mAh at 332 grams (additional 82 grams) What kind of flight time could I expect with my 6s? I would like the option of using 5s if the 6s proves to be too heavy or short on flight time.

If the Delta fan cannot support this plan then I would like to try a CS fan and go for the "Whoosh" sound.

I have used the Habu with the stock setup with flaps and retracts and found it to be slow and under powered. Furthermore, I don't think the stock internal bec can really handle all the servos, gear and motor draw without shutting down.

Any thoughts on this guys? Thanks.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y