View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:28 AM
Find More Posts by jfetter
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
10,452 Posts
The flaws on this plane are very limited; thin, brittle plasic control horns and clevises are my main issue along with the desire to see the nose reinforced with a skid OR a breakaway nose... but we've been flying ours with little issues to date, it's been 14 months now and besides the crash (not Seba's fault!), the plane is exactly what it is advertised to be. Mine pulls 113 Amps on a Thunder Power 65C packs and still the motors and ESC's (v1.0) are holding out just fine, as are the servos. Those that complain about trimming, IT'S A VECTORED PLANE!, It needs attention to detail and unerstanding of sub-trimming the nozzles seperately from the surfaces. IMO this plane is more expensive than I'd like to see ($400 - $425 with Gyro would be great) but it is exactly what is says it is, works exactly as advertised and for how complex the control systems and programming are, isn't that hard to build and get flying! Now those that insist on ignoring the mixes (each of them has a specific purpose), I am not surprised it doesn't fly well...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter