Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
8,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney69 View Post
great!.....thanks, that's great info. if i opted to go the route of a separate RX batt like the A123 at 6v what does the wiring diagram look like? the ESC plugs to the thr and the RX batt plugs to the batt port (or thru a switch if wanted)?
If you are just going to go with the LiFePO4 A123 right to the Rx, you can do it two ways. You can put a short extension into the Rx, and then plug and unplug the battery into the extension to keep from fumbling around with the Rx port, or you can run a switch on the fuselage to both. I posted a pic on one of the EF threads that showed my JR switch with a charging port with a gate that opened and closed to keep the port pins clean but it will add some unneeded weight.

One switch wire went to the Rx and stayed there, and the other wire went to my battery. I used the switch to turn the Rx on and off, to connect my volt meter to, so I could monitor the voltage, and to connect the charger to at the field so I didn't have to take the battery out. The stable chemistry of the A123 means that I wasn't as hesitant to charge it in the plane like I would a Lipo. But again, the weight may or may not make this worthwhile. They do make pin ports without the switch or gate too, and they are lighter. Being able to check and charge at the field is not a bad thing.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin