Thread: New Product Nine Eagles Sky Surfer.
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:43 PM
Find More Posts by studioRS
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,448 Posts
Last weekend I lost the surfer into the 8+ft tall corn field! I thought it was gone for good.

I have been lucky with this little guy.
- lost the original canopy, made a new clear one, then found the original one week later!

- Lost the propeller and spinner while slope soaring at the beach, found one hour later...!

- Now this! But I got lucky again -" Lucky the Surfer".. We have many club members that have lost planes in the corn, never to be found again. Except found by the farmer driving the harvester - chunky foam pieces and bits, yucky!

Oops! must have had a bad thumb servo or something?!? Put it into the corn field about 100+ft in easy and, I was the only one there... Ruhro.

I saw exactly where it went in and made a B line walk with Tx still on around my neck. After what seemed like 25 rows of corn I stopped and wagged the rudder. A distant bzzz, bzzz, bzzz back and forth was heard over the crickets! Wahoo!

MoF, I flew a reconnaissance filming for a lost glider in the corn field the next day using my Radian and key fob camera. We still haven't found it...

studioRS is online now Find More Posts by studioRS