View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
960 Posts
@ MikePS, I bought those same motors for a different twin 70mm project I got going. I must say that they really put out some huge power and some high rpm's. In fact I am still having issues with just the bench testing phase. I am using 6s 45c 3000mAh, CC Ice Lites 100A, WeMo fans and I have added capacitor packs to my battery leads. All the wiring is 10awg silicone except for the motor pigtails which I think are 14awg. I tried to make 5mm to 3.5mm adaptors but I thought with all the solder, connectors and extra wire it would introduce unwanted resistance. The choke point will always be at the thinnest wire so I decided to solder them together without connectors. I also found my controllers needed really good cooling so i put them into the thrust tubes. I had one controller burst into flames after a brief throttle ramp up and I am still unsure why. The other provided data logs that looked good actually so I am going to blame my solder job for now.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348070573.573307.jpg
Views: 324
Size: 144.7 KB
Description:

I was getting roughly 1200 watts @ 35 amps and the temps where staying cool until I shut it down then it gets really hot. I think this setup in a Habu will be awesome if you can contain it and use good throttle management.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y