View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by chucksolo69
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,064 Posts
I just bought this model from Tower Hobbies and am pleased with the overall looks and eas of setup. However, my model, for some reason required 42 grams of lead in the front to get the CG right, even with the battery fully forward. I have since begun to use a Parkzone 1800 mah battery that comes standard with the PZ T-28 Trojan. The combination of lead and heavier battery puts the CG spot on as per the manual, however, I have flown this plane twice and have had an electronics failure both times. The first time it was the original Flyzone 1800 battery that was shorting out in flight. The second time, the ESC simply quit working. Both failures resulted in a crash, although nothing catastrophic occurred except to the landing gear, which I have since repaired. Tower is sending me out a new ESC and I should have it by today or Friday. There are reports of other ESC failures on these forums with this model. Both of my flights though, have been great up until the electrical failures, with the plane flying nice and stable. I hope my new ESC holds up since I can see this becoming one of my favorite warbirds. If it does, I may buy another. I do this with all my favorite planes.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69