View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by WRXpilot
Bethesda, MD
Joined Jul 2006
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
i have to wonder from a marketing stand point why Tower/great planes is so late to the epo format and introduce a corsair with a 2 blade prop, giant wheels, no flaps ect , when there competition is on version 3 and 4 in all sizes 1100 and larger with all types of scale detail
I think they're simply going after a different segment of the market. The Tower F4U is a smaller, lighter, plane that conforms more to the true "park flyer" ideal, and at a lower price point. And coming from a company that many are comfortable with, and have had a good CS relationship with for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88 View Post
Ldm that's a good point; I know they are unfair comparisons but for $10 more you can buy a Durafly 1100mm Corsair with flaps, retracts....
You can get the Tower F4U for $125, with free shipping, and another $15 off by coupon if you're in Tower's "super saver club". That's $110 to your door. There's no way you're getting a Durafly F4U to your door for "$10" more than that.

Durafly is clearly going after ParkZone, I think Tower is targeting someone who doesn't want all those features (and the weight they bring), and is looking to spend considerably less on a true park flyer.

By all accounts, it looks like a great little plane, and a huge improvement over the old GP Electrifly Corsair, my example of which has been sitting broken on a shelf for years after a very unsatisfactory maiden.
WRXpilot is offline Find More Posts by WRXpilot