View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
10,539 Posts
My Park Zone Radian Rescue!

Friday (09-14-2012) morning at Moon Port Modelers RC Club was enjoyable and after flying my Park Zone Spitfire Mk IX, I hand launched the Park Zone Radian Powered Glider. I was tooling around close and for some reason, decided to command my Radian up higher and did not realize a strong upper level winds.

Pretty soon I found myself struggling to bring the model back over the field and it got higher very quickly and found it in a worse situation, several hundred feet down range. I was not clear on what it was doing at this point and it just circled and circled as I have a mechanical Left hand Rudder input in case all radio signal gets lost. However, it was still accepting commands from my transmitter when I powered up the motor. Just could not get it back.

Mark S., a nice friend that Lives in Titusville and who ownes an Ultra Light Experimental Aircraft was out of town that day and with luck he was back in town on Sunday (09-16-2012) and performed an aerial survey on his Aircraft and to both our surprise, found my Radian Powered Glider next to a barbed wire fence near the entrance of the Great Outdoors.

If you look the Google Map picture, the model almost traveled a full Mile ( ~ 5,000 feet) from the point of origin.

A few pictures detailing our rescue adventure:

Heading North on a dirt path road:

Looking East along the Fence:

Here is how my Park Zone Radian Powered Glider was found!

Mark and his Ultra-Lite Aircraft over the Great Outdoors!!

Digital Zoom:
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member