View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by Little Black Duck
Thornleigh - 20k N of Sydney,N.S.W.,AUSTRALIA
Joined Aug 2001
833 Posts
G'day all you P2K devotees ...
Hmmm ... Dunno if my ARF P2K is a V2 version, 'cos I bought it from HKG, because the SYD w/h was Nil Stock ... although I think they've got some more in now ... as they sent me an email reminder ... six times in a row ...
Anyway, I don't know what's been done to the motor mount on the inside of Ali's fuselage, but from the outside it looks very little different from the O.E. motor mount hardware that came with my model.
I had already decided to scrap & bin this stuff anyway because of info gleaned from a good few earlier P2K posts, and rebuilt the motor mount to give far better heat insulation, and strengthen that very thin plastic firewall ... ref. post 2228 ... which shows pretty well what I did.
I note here that Ali's motor still got very hot, and does not bode well for that easily softened plastic fuselage nose area. ... He pulled his finger away PDQ
Having noted that, and as there should be at least double the area for exit air holes as inlet slots, I reckon that additional cooling air exit holes would have to be added in addition to that very small cooling air exit hole right at the back of the fuselage.
This has now been modified on my fuselage, opening out that hole almost completely, only leaving sufficient tail post required for the new lower rudder hinge ... which I posted about some time later.
I intend opening up the slot in the bracket between the two tail-group mounting screws as well, and in addition perhaps a slot cut in the canopy towards the back end.
Also if I can get a couple of cut down plastic spoons to stick to the fuselage, I'll be adding them to the original inlet holes too, to assist in directing cooling air inside! ... these spoon inlets, which I noted in someone's earlier post, can go some way to cure the prop blade catching in the canopy as well.
Now that I've received my servos from HKG ... very slow shipping ... not their fault ... I'll be modifying their lead lengths to suit the four wing servos, which will hopefully mean the darned thing will be somewhere closer to getting finished ... and then programmed. I've never known an ARF to take so long to be put together!
So unless something else comes up, I'll lay off posting until it is!
Daffy.
Little Black Duck is offline Find More Posts by Little Black Duck