View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yours was extremely tail-heavy. I'd think it would almost want to swap ends with the CG that far back. At least you've got it sorted out now. The Mossie is a great-flying plane when set up correctly. It's the only 1s UM that I still fly. The others have been collecting hangar dust since the UMX 2s brushless stuff first came out.

Joel
You should have seen the maiden flight!!!...I released the model and it shot straight up, almost into a stall---I gave it full down and she shot straight down almost crashing...Realizing I had a tiger by the tail I managed to get the plane under control...I realized she was tail heavy but I didn't realize how much...When I got it I just did the TLAR method of balancing as it appered to be about 25% back and usually the instructions have a pretty conservative CG...My Sbach was so nose heavy that I had to mack cutouts for the battery like in the V2 Sbach...

I got rid of all my 1S stuff as well....But I do have a Champ on floats that will get a 2S conversion as well as a micro Mustang for 2S...The Mustang has a modified wing where I took an extra wing, cut it apart, and made a symetrical wing...The new colors will be the VooDoo P-51 racer from Callie Graphics...I got the Mossy for a VERY good deal and the twin engines appealed to me...I like this model a LOT!!!...Now, on to weathering the model as shown in one of the Mossy vids from HH on YouTube...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene