Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Yes, I know my problem is bothersome, but I tried to be a solid RCG citizen by doing good-faith research before asking for help, including searching this thread and re-reading the manuals. I apologize if the many posts weren't obvious to me among the 8,704.

As I said, I can get no lights with any combination of buttons, so doing the backdoor/manual Firmware Update is not possible. I should have asked if there were an alternate reset procedure.

Thanks for your patience.

Gene K
You can try a cold boot, i.e. open the camera case and loosen the screws that hold the circuit board to the lower case half (you don't need to take them out... just loosen so the edge of the circuit board at the battery plug can be lifted 1mm or so and the battery plug can be disconnected. Unplug the battery for about 30 sec., then plug it back in. In some cases this can wake up a camera in hibernation. That plug can be a tight fit, so don't pull hard on the plug (and definitely don't pull on the wires). Use a small wood or plastic tool to wedge the sides of the plug out if necessary. Good luck!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Sep 17, 2012 at 09:47 PM.