View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by aeajr
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
25,334 Posts
Wayne, thanks for joining the thread. Please invite your friends who fly full house sailplanes to visit as well.

You mention the "the big 4 users?" What does that mean?

It is true, I posted in large Futaba, Airtronics, JR, Spektrum, Hitec, X9, FrSky threads. I think I also posted in about 6 large sailplane threads. I did not find any large Graupner or Multiplex threads to post to. I also posted it to RC Soaring Exchange in google groups. The goal, of course, is to get the maximium number of glider piltos to be aware of the thread and hopefully to post. In this way I can draw the broadest coverage of sailplane pilots and see what they are flying..

What radio is it that you think has been left out? Clearly anyone can vote the OTHER selection if their radio brand is not listed by name. So I think I have the radio selection pretty well covered.

You may not be aware that a LOT of Spektrum users are flying full house sailplanes. Right now they represent about 10% of the votes. So I am not sure of the point of your comment about Spektrum. Just read the Radian Pro threads and you will find DX6i, DX7 and DX8 pilots flying full house sailplanes.

I think we are getting a very good cross section. % leaders and overall share of the votes are staying pretty consistant after nearly 200 votes.

Futaba and JR seem to be the leaders and have been since the start.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Sep 16, 2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: fixed some typos