Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
14,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I started with the Honey Bee Fixed Pitch and loved modding it, but could not get the hang of flying it. I was close to getting out of heli's and then my son shipped up his Lama 4 and I really liked coax's. I go from the palm size MCX-2 to the Walkera 400D (450 size) coax. I thought I would try the MQX since quads are the new hot ticket. I can do simple things with it, but have a problem getting it to fly like I can fly a coax. Again, brushless is the way to go with those since the brushed motors just don't last. As something different I bought a Champ small plane last year and really like the simplicity of it. My problem, no matter what I buy, is wind. I wanted to try out a set of new blades on my Lama 4/A300 last night and just couldn't do much with it because of wind.
I have some kind of mental block with CP helicopters. My longest flight with my 450 was about 1 minute. But, fixed pitch comes easy to me for some reason.
Yep.... same problem here with wind. I usually wait until about 7pm when there's still plenty of daylight... but the wind off the ocean dies. Well, keep after it. There's bound to be a windless day for you ahead somewhere.

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz