View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by Little Black Duck
Thornleigh - 20k N of Sydney,N.S.W.,AUSTRALIA
Joined Aug 2001
833 Posts
Hmmmm ... While waiting for the glue to dry on the servo tray ... (No I don't use Cyano for most of my woodwork ... Weldbond may be a bit slower, but has a fast grab, but still gives sufficient time for corrective re-positioning.)
I digressed ... sorry ... I read back through this tread, and several others related to the Phoenix, and despite a couple of posts advising that the model is perfectly good as it comes out of the box ... And to those happy campers I say that I'm glad you're happy with it as is ... BUT there were many more relating to failures in relation to both the O.E. motors and ESCs, mainly overheating, which has also caused softening and failure in the motor mount area in the fuselage nose.
This has caused me to state again that to make this model viable, and even safe to fly ... I'm referring here in particular to those dreadful clevises, which should be binned immediately and replaced ... which would make the aircaft at least airworthy ... well at least for as long as the motor and/or ESC lasts! ... then mods, similar to those I've effected to both the motor mount, and adding a hinge to the bottom section of the rudder are essential, together with replacing both the motor, and the ESC with at least a 40A switching BEC unit, if it is intended using six servos.
Anyway ... Glue's dried, I'm off back to the workbench.
Daffy.
Little Black Duck is offline Find More Posts by Little Black Duck