Thread: Build Log Flying Foam's Mothership EP
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,233 Posts
Thanks Bob. I have been toying with cutting a giant foam wing since I got my first Zagi. A friend had a small, 32", homemade wing. I helped him wire cut some of those cores and built one. My friend and I have been doing friendly combat. It is pretty hard to make contact with just a couple of planes in the air.

I am trying to clear a couple of other projects so I can have room to start the MS. I am still toying with some motor mount design ideas. I want to do a pusher. I find the the pusher has a clear forward view for cameras and saves the motor in the event of a crash. I am now flying the homemade wing and a Zijji - the Trick RC wing set up for brushless inrunner. Trick RC moved the motor mounts forward, closer to the CG. This creates a need to cut out some of the back for prop clearance. The Zagi has the prop n the elevon area.

My plan is to glue the two wing halves together, tape the elevons, and winglets in place, and then lay the rest of the components on the wing and try to come up a layout and mount design.

I hope to get started next week if I keep making progress on my current projects.

One question Bob. When I mount my pusher, an outrunner, should the motor thrust line be parallel and above the cord line. My plan was to imitate the Zijji but I may as well pick your brain.

Thanks,
Wayne
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia