Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
400 Posts
Discussion
NEW Microaces Focke Wulf FW190 A-8/R8 'Black 8'

My new Microaces Focke Wulf FW190 A-8/R8 'Black 8' Deluxe kit arrived today.

All I can say is WOW, the quality and presentation is superb in a purpose made box that puts some larger kit manufacturers to shame. Everything is carefully packed and looking at the decal covering sheets the quality of the printing is outstanding. I make stickers printed on an vinyl inkjet printer cutter in a small business I run, but in my opinion these look like they are screen printed with detail the photos Microaces posted in another thread do not do justice to!! The Depron Aero foam sheets look like they have been die-cut rather than laser or cnc routed.
The decal sheets even have the history of the aircraft/pilot printed on them and included in the kit is a full colour picture card showing a profile image of the plane.
All the electrics are nicely packaged in their own bags and other bags contain very nice pre-bent wire push rods, undercarriage etc, crisp plastic mouldings, carbon fibre rods, prop and spinner.
The instruction manual included makes great use of 3d images covering every step of contsruction, again putting most of the big kit makers to shame and not a bit of Chinglish anywhere!!

My hat comes off to a new British company that can come out with a fantastic kit like this at their first attempt. If it flies as good as it looks then I may just have to buy the rest of them!!!

I have posted below a few un boxing photos for you to drool over

Now to clear the building board and get on with putting the "Butcher Bird" together!!

Kev
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx