Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daft punk View Post
This is kinda disappointing.
The as3x sbach is the most capable full fuse 3d micro available but there is more to it than just throwing a as3x brick/servos and making slot longer.
There is no additional bracing on tail which is mandatory for continuous aggressive 3d flight. Also doesn't look like throws have been increased on tail at all.
I had to extended horns inward to get truly 3d throws.nose looks as weak if not weaker than V1 due to more foam removed.
Actually looks like they've increased the throws a lot. I mean they are not going to be 45*-50* but more than before. Probably just innermost holes on the old horns.

The elevator has a CF spar running most of the span. Adding a piece of round CF to the stab is easy if you really want it to be more solid. I've found that my V1 Sbach's stab didn't flex at all in 3D style flight, In high speed flight I found it flexed under load, but harriers, hovering, high alpha it was rock solid.

I do agree the nose looks fragile. However I don't fault HH for this, as if the plane is not crashed the nose will last forever. There are always design tradeoffs and I'd take a better flying plane over one designed to survive nose plants any day. I'm more concerned about the foam removed from the wing as the V1 had that foam spar running across the middle and never flexed at all, that being removed now may introduce some wing flex.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon