Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
LJH
Find More Posts by LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,342 Posts
Just received my V911 today...what a hoot. I have not really flown anything in two years and now that the Wee Man is getting a bit older, and showing interest in flying i decided to resurrect some of the old birds I have collecting dust in the basement. One of them is a Guru-Z which has minimal support these days so I figured I would use the V911 to limber up the fingers a bit so that I do not burn through my stock pile of parts. So I started off with a couple indoor flights and at first I was a bit all over the road but it started to come back to me pretty quickly. I then charged the batteries again and took her outside where there is pretty much zero breeze and started flying circuits and I am impressed. First off she already is flying smoother and the tail is not so "on/off". Pretty impressed with the FFF, she goes OK for being so small. I started flying more aggressively and I did get a couple strikes.....is the the blades or the flybar? It sounds like it is hitting the canopy but there are no marks. All in all I can tell this thing is going to get a lot of airtime....so fun.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is online now Find More Posts by LJH