View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by surfimp
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,104 Posts
Fair enough, but for my part, the flying in Menez-Hom 2005 is a timeless statement, much like what BPLR presented with the Madslide back in 2000-2001. If anything, what we're doing over here is just bringing those two threads - Madflight and VTPR - into closer communion, and adding a bit of SoCal skate/surf flavor.

Honestly, and speaking only for myself and in no way criticizing the views of others which surely vary, the whole comparing / competing thing is really passť and totally misses the point. Was Miles Davis a better jazz musician than John Coltrane or Duke Ellington? The question is, for me, nonsensical... tastes vary but each will forever be recognized a master.

For me, this kind of flying is only about personal expression and finding one's personal joy on the day... I love to see good flying because it inspires me, not to try to outdo someone else, but to give me new ideas and motivation.

When I get to fly with Dawson, Justin, Peter, Michael and others and we just laugh and have a great time at the slope, there's no thought of competition, only joy... that's what this flying is for me, only.

Anyways, my $0.02!

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp