View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by JayNZ
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Its been a busy day tinkering away in the lab, setting up the new cockpit, complete with LED back lights behind the monitors, and im pretty stoked with the results.

I had to rip out and totally re-make new panel backing to fix the new panels from robcon-rc.com, and they did take a little editing to get them to fit correctly inside the TFMODEL/SMARTMODEL apache cockpit platform, but nothing too major.

gunner arrangement

Pilot Arrangement:

back lit TADS monitors and Pilot monitors in the dark (mainly for display purposes when it comes to evening time at the new zealand national scale champs which are going to be held at my airfield next march)

Just about to add the pilot/gunner, make a joystick for the pilot and then start work on a new hatch system so i can also open the right hand side cockpit doors for display, which if anyone has any tips on, id really appreciate.

my mate ben from hobby city has suggested servo driven doors for the cockpit. sounds like a logistical and technical nightmare but damn that would look sick once you spool down, and the cockpit windows slowly open...Ah...i love this hobby. unfortunately i think its a bitt far out of my current skill set to accomplish this on my own so an easier option is a must for now i guess?

i cant wait to get her back in the air, especially now the blackhawk is up and running pretty much perfectly.

Safe landings folks!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ