View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by bamiller
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Dec 2009
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt599 View Post
What airfoil are you using? I have my plans scaled and printed but I cannot decide on the airfoil. The full size plane uses a NACA 4616 at the root and 4613 at the tip. I have printed these out along with the 4212 and Clark Y. The scale airfoil as a very unique shape. It is quite thick and has a negative sweeping TE. I am just not sure if I can get away with the scale airfoil on the model,my WS is 50" . Any thoughts? Im ready to start cutting Greg
Hey Greg! I went with a vanilla clark y. Works awesome. Takes off and flys very stable. I also was going to use the scenario you mentioned above. But it just seemed too thick for what I wanted to cut and I ended up not wanting the hassle. Its doable but I just felt more comfortable with the clark y.

I'll post some updated pics by Saturday (should have a rough coat of paint). Its taken apart right now for wbpu and is looking good. I had to sand all the darn latex paint off because it looked terrible and seemed too heavy. Let me know what you decide to go with.
bamiller is offline Find More Posts by bamiller