View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:03 PM
uglyplane is offline
Find More Posts by uglyplane
Master ReKitter
uglyplane's Avatar
San Diego,Ca, USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,756 Posts
the flame retardant sock came too late for me today, because I ALMOST BURNED MY HOUSE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was charging my 2 TP2100's , each on their own AF 109 while I was mowing the yard. After finishing the front yard, I went in the garage to get a drink of water and head to the back yard, when I heard the smoke detectors going off. I sprinted to my bedroom to witness a huge flame coming out of the small stainless container that the batt's were in. I grabbed the pitcher and threw it in the the sink , only to witness a white hot jet of fire coming out of the packs. I scorched a throw rug and the side of a pine amoire, otherwise, no other damage.
What did I do wrong?

1. I charged inside
2. I did not use a safe, appropriate charging container.
3. I continued to use and charge a badly dented pack.

Will I continue to use lipos? YES
Will I be a lot safer? YES

Here's what's left of $160 of batteries....
uglyplane is offline Find More Posts by uglyplane
Last edited by uglyplane; Jun 13, 2004 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote