Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
What is a good anti-jello mount for these cams. I have slight jello from the cam taped to the nose of my Twinstar.
Velcro? Or does that make it worse?
It usually makes it worse, but there is no one mounting method that works for everyone. It's a vibration resonance issue, and different airframes have very different resonant vibration frequencies.

The best solution is to start by carefully balancing your prop. Then, shoot some video with the plane lightly held near it's CG, and step through a range of throttle settings while shouting out the stick position so it can be heard in the video. You should find a few settings that will minimize the vibration and still fly the plane. My TX throttle has a stepped spring, so I count the steps as I advance the throttle. Then later when flying, I can get the exact same throttle setting by feel (counting the steps).

I've had best results by taping the camera tightly to the Fuselage, with some thin foam rubber under it (compressed tightly with the tape). But the prop balancing has the greatest effect by mitigating the problem at the source.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank