Thread: Discussion Arrow Ghost
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:54 AM
Find More Posts by Shaper Dave
Oahu Hawaii
Joined Aug 2004
1,124 Posts
Sam,

My tails are bagged. With out having a CNC to cut molds and cores there's no way to get them as light as bagging. Maybe someone will offer to build my tails for me!

I have made 4 wings with the spread tow now and I have to say that Im over it.
I love being able to get a crisp clean line to the carbon edge, with a little finesse and Lacquer mind you. But after curing and some time in the sun the pattern shows through on the wing surface a lot.
I have backed it with .75 cloth and this lessens it a bit but not enough. This is not what Im looking for.
To have an efficient wing the D tube needs to stay clean. Looks like Im going back to 2.4 woven carbon. Some of my test wings still have a much smoother surface.

Also the cost of Spread Tow is crazy stupid. When I use the last of my small supply Im done with it.

The new wing I have in the mold today is using a lightly painted top and bottom color done in the mold like the Blasters. Im hoping to use lighter cloth
and back to ProSet. Forget MGS.... way to expensive to get it shipped to Hawaii. While my clear resin looks good, its not doing the job I need.

If it works out well I'll post photos.

Dave
Shaper Dave is offline Find More Posts by Shaper Dave