View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by bamiller
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Dec 2009
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltjg View Post
Guys, the poly/powder mix is great, I use it quite a bit but, be careful it can add the weight fast.. Experiment on scrap with different amounts of powder, to get it where you like it.. Then, apply first coat, let dry, sand, second coat, sand with finer grit. You'll find this stuff not only fills but makes a super slick finish to apply your paint to... Good luck!w
Thanks for the adding info Walt! I picked up a can on my way home last night and applied a "paranoid" thin layer later on my fuselage. I really like the take so far. It also seems to dry nice and fast.

I did have a hard time getting the talc to mix properly. Some general questions if anyone can help...

1. It seems like it would take a lot of talc to make it "thick". I'm wondering what the recommended ratio is for a "general" cover mix. It just seemed like its going to take a lot of talc so maybe that's normal.
2. Is there any need to thin the wbpu? If so do you thin it with water?
3. Are there mix options other than talc that can be substituted? I've heard of corn starch but I wondered about experimenting with thinned LWS.
4. Does the finished product leave a protected shell over the foam to help prevent pits and dents? Or is that too thick? (I guess that depends on ones weight concerns)

Thanks everyone for the help!
bamiller is offline Find More Posts by bamiller