View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by Chris T
Micro Jet Pilot
Joined Jul 2005
2,091 Posts
... the servo hardware has been the same for years now. The current development is focused in optimizing the code. Lately, I reduced power consumption and acoustic noise. I also put in a integral part in the control loop, but the coefficient wasn't correct yet, so I got problems with stability. I also found, that the wings are much more critical, since they start to resonate driven by the servo. Obviously, I don't have an optimized code that runs under all conditions. That would be the goal though to make a product (maybe open source) out of it. The old code with higher power consumption was stable under all these conditions. So far, I also have to adapt the code for polarity of the coil ( I rather reprogram than resolder). Also for the coarse trim I adapt the code. I have one older code variant with an initialization routine that is triggered by full throw during power up. This routine should also auto detect the correct polarity of the driver pattern in the future so you don't have to take care which way around you attach your coil or glue in the magnet. Many ideas...

Chris
Chris T is offline Find More Posts by Chris T