Find More Posts by TapouT21
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Or through a double pane french door...
That's what mine hit. Didn't break it, but made a real loud scary sound.
Could have been expensive enough that my wife would have cut off the copter purchases forever

I pried all my weights out and glued them in.
Might not be all she would cut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
if that were true stiffening the stock fb with braided thread and CA or using the xtreme cf fb would not prevent strikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I haven't tried either. Doesn't the xtreme cf fb reduce strikes? I thought MassiveOverkill said that it did in his blog (or was it Erdnuckle2?)
Using the braided fishing line and CA glue on mine eliminated the strikes 100%. I can get nuts with the heli all I want and have not had a flybar strike since. Thinking I might do another CA glue coat though to be sure. It still has a little flex, but that is ok cause it wont snap on a crash, but not enough flex to have strikes at all. I am doing my other bnf I got as well before I fly it very much.

The Extreme CF FB need a small piece of CF or similar glues onto the top above the attachment point though cause people have said that is where they break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
How about a Genius CP or Mini CP clone BNF for $50-$60?
+1 on the Walkera Genuis CP clone! (or Exceed X100, same thing) with the 3 axis and 6 axis gyro. If they cloned that feature as well, I would buy one right this second, no hesitation (after all I been debating buying one of those)!
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21