Find More Posts by Bvc
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I agree whole heartedly.

At any point in time, the flybar weights want to stay in the plane they are rotating in. The link arms cause negative feedback on the control surfaces.

With the wet noodle, the flybar bends and has less negative influence, allowing you to force the canopy into the flybar.

If you stiffen the flybar, you increase the negative feedback and you can't force the canopy into the flybar.
While you may be saying, "hey I can use more control stick with the stiffer flybar and not have a canopy strike", I contend that it is because the stiffer flybar decreases the control authority that you can apply.

The wet noodle will teach you to be a smoother, better pilot.

You won't be doing things that require high negative feedback - i.e. won't be relying on the stabilizing flybar to save you from yourself.

As you get better, remove the weights...
Sounds good, but not reality. If it were, I wouldn't be doing circles around others with a wet noodle The wet noodle gives negative feedback for me. Is that glass half empty or half full? It's smoother, which I really prefer, but it's smoother because it's slower because it's flexible. Good for beginners, though, and good for anyone that prefers that style of flying.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc