View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by john631
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
boom and tail motor

This forum is a bit different and I didn't realize I should have been posting here as opposed to making a thread for my problems.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22585325

I replaced the boom and the tail motor as well as the landing gear. Had everything re-soldered but the wires for the tail motor were on the outside of the mount for the tail motor. I wound up breaking the wires trying to get the motor in the housing with the motor later that night but they were already damaged from the first attempt to install.

I have the thing apart again and have more parts ordered for the re-fix. Do you guys not put the wires inside like it does come from the factory? Should I just run the wires on the outside and cover them with electrical tape to protect them? The replacement might not the the exact same either?

Also want to share how I took the boom, or what was left of it out of the main body. I used a 5/64 drill bit and drilled two holes from the sides, then from there it was cake to pull the old parts out. Even used the drill bit to drill out from the back where the boom enters the body to clean that all up.
john631 is offline Find More Posts by john631