View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:20 AM
Find More Posts by hepcatz
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Hey Guys...

Tony,

I had been searching for more info on the V7 and came across your post...Rolled thru your blog also, great to see you and your daughter sharing the hobby....I just got back in after years being absent, used to live in Agoura Hills and Woodland Hills, so the Apollo field was where I learned...Used to Fly with Ralph Rosen, Tony Mclean and Ralph Counsel (blind) on occasion....We were the three that once ended up in court against the Park regarding night flying...Long story, and depending on who is still around a mini legend I suppose...

Anyway, now in Austin and my son and his friends discovered RC, they came to me seeing my old planes hanging in the garage and asked for help. It sparked my Son's interest (my Daughter also) and now we have a mini stable of Foam/Elect craft....FMS 1400 Corsair, PZ Stinson, Art-Tech AT6 and the GP Widgeon....I just finished selling off my old engines and whatnot to pay for my recent "acquistions"...Anyway, any tips on training the little ones...I have my son on Phoenix right now, and I bribed him by telling him when he can successfully take of and land (in pattern) I will buy him his own radio and plane. What did you start your daughter on?

I miss the apollo field, but I just hooked up with a local flying club and well you know how it goes, headed down the rabbit hole so to speak...

BTW thank you for your service to our great country and congrats on your retirement...

Almost forgot...How was it dealing with PW-RC...and is the V7 worth the god awful shipping cost...I have been waiting for BH to get it in stock, but I am seriously considering ordering from overseas.

hepcatz
Michael
hepcatz is offline Find More Posts by hepcatz