Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,233 Posts
Build Log
Flying Foam's Mothership EP

I received an 83" WS Mothership from Flying Foam on Saturday.

Here is a link to the kit:
Mothership

I have built two wings from trick r/c.

I have also built a homemade wing wire-cut from foam insulation board.

This kit leaves a few things to the builder. They don't have anything for a motor mount and there are no cut outs for batteries, ESC, rx, or servos. The motor mount maybe the most challenging to build. I plan to build this as a pusher design.

The motor will be a Turnigy G46 and a 60A ESC. I want to be able to fly both 4S and 5S so the battery compartment will have to allow for either.

I will start the build soon and plan to document it here. I would also like any collaboration from people here on RCG. I have searched some and I don't see a lot about this kit.

Any input would be helpful. My basic plan is to build it similar to a Zagi. I also have a Zijji I can use to model.

The first improvement will be to add a horizontal spar on the CG. The kit has four CF spars but it does not have a CG spar. Most of the assembly will be epoxy or 3M 77 glue. I am not sure about hinges. I normally use hinge tape on wings but these are a bit larger and I may use an alternate method.

The kit also uses coroplast winglets. I may change those to ply or poly before assembly.

I would like to hear from anyone with experience with this kit in a pusher configuration. Pictures/videos/links would be great.

Thanks,
Wayne
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 09, 2012 at 07:24 PM.