Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by dharban
Flying = Falling (Slowly)
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2004
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaizon View Post
I'm looking at a Scorpion HK 2221/ 10 - 3000KV with Micro Edition 5:1NL (Reisenaur) to use in an e-Supra strictly for ALES. Will this fit? Is it too much power on a 3S? Any other recommendations. Neu 1107 with which gb? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before the build. Thanks.
I have heard good things about the Scorpion setup.

The setup I had in my Supra was a Neu 1110 with a 6.7 gearbox and a 4S 1300 65C battery. This ran at about 700 watts average and had way more poop than would be needed to launch OOS at 200 meters into 15 mph or so. I would probably go with the 1107 next time. Walter Higgins is flying an 1107 with a 4.4 Maxon GB in his Maxa and it is more than adequate.

I have ordered a Neu 1107 with his new slimmed down 6.7 gearbox to replace the 1105 with the 4.4 Maxon that is now in it. I will be running it with a 4S 850 65C battery. I like big number gearboxes and I like 6mm prop shafts. And I need a little more power. I have measured and remeasured and it looks like the new gearbox will be an easy fit in the Maxa -- it will be a no-brainer in the Supra.

Good luck. You will love the Supra.

Happy Landings,

Don
dharban is offline Find More Posts by dharban