Find More Posts by Freddie B
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB View Post
Fred:
I have not attempted my black Jap tissue numerals do to time constraints.
But I thought of something....In the beginning of this thread, you denote using
Water Based Polyurithane. and some white glue. Can WBP be used instead of dope for a little more position time? Would this method match the matte finished white jap tissue on the rest of wing? Should I mix in a little white glue - to make the Numerals more water resistant? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Jon B. Shereshaw
NJ. USA
Hi Jon,

The Dope will be very water proof. WBPU is water resistant, and quite good. However since WBPU is water borne, putting it on open bay tissue jobs concerns me about sag and resulting wrinkles. I use it on solid surfaces since I can rub the wrinkles out. I have seen good succes with guys using Pledge floor wax, the one labled "With Future shine" (this used to be sookd as Future Fkoor Wax). They even covered whole models with it. I tried some experiments but it scared me to death to think about applying soaking wet water type finish on a precious balsa framework!

However if you try it, pleas share your experiance here as people all around the World are using this technique and we all like to learn about new ideas and progress. Good luck Jon.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B