View Single Post
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:05 AM
Find More Posts by ohmite
Eden NY
Joined Sep 2001
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
ohmite - try decreasing the twist from 8 degrees to around 3-4 degrees. It will allow you to fly faster without ballooning without hurting slow flight.

If you turn by giving it ail and ele together only the inside elevon will move and help with adverse yaw. Takes a little practice and is different than regular airframes.

I also have outward turning winglets on mine to take care of the adverse yaw. I also put full length elevons on it as well. It is now very aerobatic and will do multiple rolls with just a little adverse yaw waggle. Also an O.S. .10 which I will be swapping out for electric.

Rob
Rob,
Thanks for the insight. My wing is pretty stiff, I tried twisting the wing (to see if I could warp it abit with selective heating of the covering and it didn't want to move, I'll play some more today. The idea of cutting into it again to length the elevons might come once winter sets in here, but now I'm having too much fun flying so I'm trying to maximize my air time with it.
I've thought of adding tips, but really like the clean look so I may play more to see if differential (as I think you are describing) will help.
Wow an OS 10 likely moves yours out quite nicely, I find the little electric I'm using does quite a nice job of powering it and I honestly don't want any more, its top speed is quite speedy .
I've been recording lots of data and making sense of it, it has been an interesting exercise that I might post some results from here.
Best Regards,
-Eric
ohmite is offline Find More Posts by ohmite