Thread: Discussion Skookum 720
View Single Post
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:15 AM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I use MksDs95s in all my 450s. There really isn't any more room in the stacked servos behind the head for anything bigger.
You can get modified upper frame panels with 30.2x13.5mm servo holes for the 450 Sport. They'll also fit in the SEv2 if you drill an extra screw hole or just use the Sport unified boom holder/tail gear assembly.

Quote:
The HK Rjx knockoff for $15 is amazing for the $$. Stuff some Kbdd reds into them and they are better than the Rjx. The fix for them is to run longer swash loc bolts and lock nut the backside. Out of half a dozen of them I only had one that was poorly machined. And the aluminum is a harder grade than the Rjx was.
Put a 2x3.6x0.2 steel washer in between the flange bearings and you can tighten the screws as much as you like without binding. The steel ones like HK uses work best, the copper ones from the Tarot washer bag work ok but you get a bit of drag on the arms while with the steel ones the arms are totally free. Regardless I still prefer to use an 18mm screw with a nut on the other side. The screws provided are shorter than in the actual RJX head. (14mm in the clone vs 16mm in the real RJX head.

HK needs to start selling those washers in bags of 100, right now the only way to get them is to hoard any extras you have.

I use trueblood super hard greens for dampers.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 08, 2012 at 03:21 AM.