View Single Post
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by finguz
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
That's a good point. A quick nudge left before a turn may help. I think my problem is that i still don't have a full grasp of the forces involved. A heli may be facing one way, but its momentum is going in a different direction. If my estimate in direction and intensity to counter that force is off by as little as ten degrees, it doesn't get completely cancelled. And since helicopter forces on a 6ch are commulative (4ch has built in brakes), by the time i notice i got it wrong it's already accelerating away. Crap. Flattening the disk may be what i need to simplify things
The more you practice, the more it will become second nature to you. I didn't think I could ever learn certain things like nose in even, but eventually it became more natural to me. It's been this way with helicopters the whole way. I'm just trying to get better little by little.

I am able to fly around without crashing, and scale flying is really the only reason I got into helicopters. Though now at this point I am also very intrigued with 3d.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz