View Single Post
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by jimhurley
Sequim, WA
Joined Jan 2004
184 Posts
Discussion
Canterbury J #503

I just received my Canterbury J #503 from Hans. It has been a pleasure to deal with him on my purchase.
I'm hoping to be able to create a build log here, but I don't expect that I will be as informative as the others who have created threads on this boat already. I'm thinking about planking the deck, but I have a ways to go before I make that decision. I like the look of brass fittings so I'm going to try to build some of them myself. I will probably have to buy items like turnbuckles and maybe a gooseneck. I'm thinking about making the vang out of some line and a couple of blocks. Any suggestions anyone has on building fittings or any other aspects of building a CJ are warmly welcomed.
I've exchanged conversation and email with some of the folks that watch the CJ groups and I've already got a wealth of information from them as well as from the other threads.
Here are a couple of pictures taken after I removed the hull and keel from the shipping packaging. I struggle with wood working so I had Hans do the hull bracing for me.
I'm going to try to get a stand made this week so I can get the keel installed.
jimhurley is offline Find More Posts by jimhurley