View Single Post
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:18 PM
grosbeak is offline
Find More Posts by grosbeak
Illegitimi non carborundum
grosbeak's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2011
1,792 Posts
I finished the sheeting repair of the starboard wing. I soaked the second sheet for a couple of days, which was a big improvement over moistening one side of the first one. Far from perfect, but not bad for a first go.



Turns out there was another part of the starboard wing that needed a patch.



After that, I started soaking the sheeting for the port wing. I didn't have a big enough container for three feet of balsa, so I improvised with what I did have - some insulation board and an old robe in the rag drawer. I soaked the robe and laid it out on the board, then put the sheeting on the robe...



... and folded the robe over. I poured water over it every day - it sat for several because I didn't have time to get to the sheeting repair.

grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
Reply With Quote