Bruce, Thanks for linking back to my build on the tailwheel.
Wayne, the only thing I did not do was build the balsa shaped bit, your number 4, but if you look at mine then the item 4 should have the wire recessed inside of it. The bend where it goes vertical should be somewhere around the cross piece, I still need to make my balsa dummy legs to go over the wire.
Here is my RCSB post on the subject
The next stage was the tail wheel. This is something I had been dreading as making this sort of thing is not my strong point. I had looked around for a commercial unit and asked on here but there is nothing really available. The closest is the small Robart unit but that would have meant cutting and carving the rear of the fuselage. In the end I decided to go ahead and make it myself.
Several stages took 2 attempts to get things right, bending the wire for the wheel, making the steering arm, making one of the aluminium actuation arms. Getting the steering wires looped through the steering arm and then back into the brass ferrules for crimping was a real pain in the bottom and took ages with my very fine needle nosed pliers to get right.
Now I know what undertaking keyhole surgery is like.
I have to say that there was a lot of cussing and cursing going on in the workshop this weekend. However, despite all the problems it has gone together well.
Video of it working can be found by clicking on the youtube links below